Ten Reasons I Love Breadtfeeding My Toddler:
1. The cuddles.
2. She’s growing up so fast, but when we nurse, I’m reminded that she’s still my little baby. And that she needs me so much. Nursing reminds me to mother gently.
3. My milk protects her from sickness.
4. I don’t worry if she’s a picky eater and I don’t stress about making her eat enough because I know she’ll get what she needs from my milk. So I let her eat as little or as much ( healthy) food as she wants.
5. When she’s teething and hungry and chewing hurts her mouth, sometimes nursing is the only thing she can handle.
6. Nursing comforts her when she’s sad or scared.
7. Oops! Did I forget to pack enough food? No worries. I always have my boobs!
8. Yes. It is true. Nursing helped me lose all of my baby weight.
9. Since Phoebe keeps my milk production going, I can pump to help others who need milk for their younger babies.
10. Phoebe likes it! It makes her happy. And she let’s me know exactly how much nursing she wants & needs. ^_^ She’s happy. I’m happy. Matt’s happy. Breastfeeding simply makes sense for us.
Phoebe is 15 1/2 months old & we’ll nurse until she initiates to stop. She’s healthy, happy and nursing has been a blessing for our family. Baby led weaning, all the way.